All of us here at South Dublin Vets hope that you and your loved ones are all safe and well as we find ourselves in these worrying, unprecedented and challenging times.
The safety and well being of our staff, clients and pets is our main concern at this time. Please rest assured that we are following all official guidelines to minimize any health risk to our staff and you, our clients.
We have always prided ourselves here at South Dublin Vets on the level of cleanliness and sterility in both Terenure and Dundrum. We are not only maintaining our high standards of disinfection but raising them even higher. We have an ample stock of disinfectants and wipe every counter, table and card machine down after each use.
The very best way for us all to fight this virus is to adhere strictly to the official guidelines regarding hand, face and respiratory hygiene not to mention the real importance of social distancing. The HSE page at https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/ gives excellent,clear and concise advice on how we can all protect ourselves and our families and is well worth a vist if you have not already been.
In the coming weeks and possibly months we will endeavour to bring you the same South Dublin Vets service that you are used to. However in order to best protect ourselves and you we have implemented the following protocols in both Terenure and Dundrum.
Please be patient with us during this time as they will inevitably lead to some delays but they give us the very best chance to remain open and available to look after your pets if they are unwell.
South Dublin Vets Covid 19 Protocols
1. We ask that you do not turn up at the hospital but please ring in advance for an appointment.
2. When you arrive at the hospital please wait in your car and phone reception to let them know you are outside. You will then either be phoned or called in to the waiting room where you can go directly into the consultation room.
3. We can only allow one person in the consultation room with your pet. Normally we are always happy to see children at all times but we ask during this difficult time that children are not brought into the waiting room or consultation room. If you are unable to leave young children at home we are more than happy to come out and collect your pet from the car.
4. On entering the consultation room we would ask that you first wash your hands.
5. When the consultation is finished please stand behind the line at reception. Rest assured that all surfaces at reception are wiped down with disinfectant after each client.
6. If you are ordering food or medicine please phone in advance with your order so we can have it ready for you when you call. We will then give you a designated time to call and collect your order. We can also take payment over the phone at this time if you prefer and are happy to drop your order out to your car if needed.
7. For those of you who are unable to come down to the hospital we will be offering a home delivery service and we can in certain circumstances pick up your pet to bring to the hospital for treatment if needed.
8. Our main priority as always is the health and wellbeing of your pet so if you have any worries or concerns please give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you.
We love looking after your pets and really want to continue doing so. If you have any queries about any of the above protocols then please do give us a call.
Please stay safe and well, look after one another and we will all get through this crisis together.